|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Additional SolidWorks help||BBL tasks||Assessment guidance|
A Project Storage Box
1 Designing your own lid for the laser cutter
- Search for the images you want for your box.
- You will need to select images and then go to settings and select advanced search.
- Change the options to 'Black & white' and the change it to line drawings. Now click advanced search.
- Try to avoid images with too much detail.
- Copy the image you wish to use.
- Now go to your desktop and open 2D designs.
- You will now need to setup the page size.
- Select user defined.
- Change X to 145mm and Y to 90mm.
- Now paste your image onto the page. Right click on the mouse and select 'paste'.
- You will now need to vectorise the bitmap.
- Select monochrome and then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- You can now add text to your image.
- The text can then be adjusted to different sizes.
Please watch this video. It will explain how to use the laser cutter.