Sounds good to me
In this project you'll be creating an electronic piano or other instrument that is going to make beautiful music.
- The 555 timer will produce a pulse from the output to the speaker. The frequency of the pulse depends on the resistance of the circuit.
- Watch this video on what makes a low and high pitched sound.
Badge It- Silver
- Conduct some research on sound and what makes a note have a high or low pitch.
- Ensure you include images of a high and low pitch sound.
- Upload your findings to achieve the badge.
Resistance is not futile
- Watch this video from 4 minutes in and explain how a 555 timer can be made to make music.
Badge It - Gold
- Upload you notes from the video on using a 555 to make music
Research and collate your findings into a written report or presentation on a fully electronic music instrument such as (Do not research guitars or pianos):
Badge It - Platinum
For your chosen instrument explain:
- How does it work?
- How do you play it?
- Can you find an image?
- Finally upload your work for the badge.