PIC Program Homework Tasks
- Ask parents/carers/Family members/Friends to evaluate your design ideas - they could answer the following questions.
- What they would like from the project, would they like it hanging or standing upright?
- What ideas do they have for the decoration/housing design.
- What type of program would they like it to run - remembering there are 2 inputs (Switch, LDR) and 3 outputs (LEDs)
- Make sure they give reasons for their choices and you could include design ideas.
- Write up your research and add any images you have and upload your work homework 1 on bournetolearn.com
- Describe at least 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of using a PIC (microcontroller) chip over a standard hardwired integrated circuit.
- Describe 2 industry uses for a PIC chip.
- Upload your work and upload it to www.bournetolearn.com homework 2 badge.
- Upload a Pinout diagram of a Genie 08 PIC chip and label each pin.
- Describe how each pin is used and give an example of what it would be connected to.
- Upload your work and upload it to www.bournetolearn.com homework 3 badge.
- We use analogue and digital components in projects. The PIC Licence contains one digital input and one analogue input. An input component is any part that allows us to send information IN to the circuit. A switch detects a user's finger pushing it, for instance.
- The PIC licence uses three LEDs as outputs. An output is a component which the circuit can switch on and off, like an LED
- Describe the difference between an analogue input and a digital input.
- A switch is an input component. Name three other input components.
- An LED is an output component. Name three other output components.