|Introduction||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||BBL Tasks|
An Introduction to Mechanisms
1 Modelling the Cam Mechanism
- Below you'll find drawings of each of the parts of the Cam mechanism that you are manufacturing.
- None of the parts are to scale, so read the dimensions carefully
Badge It - Silver
- After creating all the parts in SolidWorks. Upload one screenshot of the follower guide.
- Adapt two of the Cams you have made, so that they have crosses in the centre to fit the axle.
Badge It - Gold
- You are going to create an Assembly of your mechanism.
- First task it to gather the files you need. The other 5 pieces needed are in the Open drive > Design Engineering > Year 7 > 4 - Mechanisms. > New
- Select all the parts > CTRL +A then copy them CTRL + C. Navigate in your folders to your cam box folder and then paste CTRL +V
- These need to be saved into your area before you can begin assembling the frame.
- The image below should help you understand how the pieces fit together.
- Also there is a video to help.
Badge It - Platinum
- Use the animation tools to create an animation of your working mechanism.
- HINT - there is a special type of
cam mate, see if you can use it to mate your cams to your followers.