- Electric cars are increasingly talked about in the media. In this unit, we will look at why they are gaining popularity, the theory behind how electric vehicles work, and you will make and refine your own drag racer.
- To help us understand the present (and to look to the future) we must first look at the past. Many people think that electric cars are a 21st century idea, but this isn't the case.
Badge It - Silver
- Draw a basic timeline of the history of the electric car, including significant dates.
- State the sources of your information and try to use more than one site.
- Add pictures and short explanations to your timeline of what happened at each point.
- Go online and investigate the use of fossil fuels and climate change.
- Look at the impact on the environment that burning oil and gas is having on the environment.
Badge It - Gold
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the electric car. Explain each point.
- Go online and investigate the current developments in electric cars look at:
- Hydrogen power
- Solar power
- Battery technology
Badge It - Platinum
- Investigate future developments of the electric car and explain how this could be applied to your Drag car.