The Drawer Alarm
1 Programming the drawer alarm
- You're going to be given very little support with this task, but you will have a structured English algorithm to help you through.
- Create a program for the microcontroller using a flowchart or GENIE BASIC, that will implement the following.
- When the button is pushed, the green LED comes on, to indicate the alarm is ready
- When the button is held down for three seconds
- The Buzzer sounds for one second and the LEDs flash on and off three times.
- The red LED remains on to indicate the buzzer is armed
- The program then waits for 5 seconds (for you to put the alarm away)
- The light level is recorded.
- The alarm then waits for the light level to increase significantly.
- If the light level increases, the buzzer sounds and the LEDs flash on and off
- Holding down the button for a further three seconds will turn off the alarm.
- If you're struggling to complete the task, this video tutorial will help:
Completed finished everything including the evaluation?
Time to design a case!
Use the videos in the 'Independent Design project' to make a 3D printed case. You will need to use the calipers to measure the board size etc.