|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Homework|
In this project you'll be creating an electronic piano, using an IC called a 555 timer.
Use web-based resources to research the following:
- Firstly, what is meant by the term IC?
- Secondly, looking up the 555 timer:
- What does the 555 timer do?
- What does astable mean?
- What does monostable mean?
- Watch the below video to help.
Badge It - Silver
- Use PowerPoint or Word to write up your answers so far.
- Include an image of a 555 timer.
- Write a brief description of what it does.
Badge It - Gold
- How many transistors, diodes and resistors are in a 555 timer?
- Find a detailed diagram and explain what all of the pins do?
- Stuck? Try here
Three is the magic number
Badge It - Platinum
- Research the following and upload your work to www.bournetolearn.com.
- What is a flip-flop (in a 555)?
- What is a 556 timer (Search for '556 timer')?
- What would we use it for?