|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Homework Tasks|
The 555 Fan
1 Designing the Fan blade
- Fan blades are designed to push air.
- There are many factors that will determine the speed and volume of air that passes through your fan blade.
- Surface area of the blades
- Number of blades
- Pitch of the blades
- Shape of the blades
- Use online sources to find three different fan blade designs.
Badge It - Silver
- Sketch out the design you are going to use on a piece of paper.
- Write a couple of sentences to justify your choice of blade.
- You can photograph and upload your work.
- Watch the video below, this will help you design the basic fan blade.
- You can the add or change you designs as you wish.
- Ensure the fan blade is no wider than 70mm.
- Once completed, the example fan blade will look like this.
Badge It - Gold
- Take a screenshot of your completed CAD design of your fan blade, using either Techsoft 2D or Solidworks.
Badge It - Platinum
- You've used the line bender before, but ask your teacher for a refresher if you've forgotten what to do.
- Remember - you get one shot at this, so be careful not to snap your blades.
- Once you've bent your blades into place, take a photograph of your finished fan blade.
Badge It - Bonus
- Use SolidWorks to design your own 3D fan blade and then 3D print it.
- Take a photo of your finished 3D printed fan and upload it to www.bournetolearn.com