The Digital Die
1 Homework Tasks
1. 'Fake' Randomness
- Find 3 products that use pseudo-random codes.
- Find out why they use the randomness.
- Include an image of the product and a brief description of how it is used.
2. Genie Outputs
- Genie output currents are too lower to drive high powered devices e.g. motors and solenoids. Therefore to get them to work they are controlled through a transistor.
- Find two types of transistors and find how they operate, include the circuit symbol.
3. Binary Code
- Mr Delport wants to use less LEDs in our projects!
- Can you think of a method to use just 3 LEDs to display the numbers?
- Hint: Use the binary system. Can’t remember? Click here.
- Explain, with diagrams, how it would work.