The Digital Die
1 Assembling the Housing
- Here are the components you'll need to assemble the Digital Die Housing.
- You will need to countersink the top panel to fit the screws.
- Now place the top panel onto the board.
- Hold a spacer in place and then push a screw through the top panel, spacer and PCB.
- Now place the bottom panel on and put a nut on the screw, it should look like the picture below.
- Repeat the same process for the next 3 screws.
- Once all the screws are in place, you will need to tighten them using a screwdriver.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws as you can crack the acrylic panel.
- You will now need to place the clip onto the switch to raise the switch height.
- This simply clips into place. You can use a pair of long nose pliers to do this.
- You product is now complete and can be tested.
- Take pictures of your digital die for assessment.
- The silver badge is progress ladder green - Produce a working model from parts supplied by a teacher, with limited assistance.
- The gold badge is progress ladder blue - Produce challenging, high-quality, working products with very limited teacher assistance.
- The platinum badge is progress ladder indigo - Independently produce fully working, high quality products.