PIC Program Homework Tasks
- Describe at least 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of using a PIC (microcontroller) chip over a standard hardwired integrated circuit.
- Describe 2 industry uses for a PIC chip.
- Upload your work and upload it to www.bournetolearn.com homework 1 badge.
- Upload a Pinout diagram of a Genie 08 PIC chip and label each pin.
- Describe how each pin is used and give an example of what it would be connected to.
- Upload your work and upload it to www.bournetolearn.com homework 2 badge.
- We use analogue and digital components in projects. The PIC Licence contains one digital input and one analogue input. An input component is any part that allows us to send information IN to the circuit. A switch detects a user's finger pushing it, for instance.
- The PIC licence uses three LEDs as outputs. An output is a component which the circuit can switch on and off, like an LED
- Describe the difference between an analogue input and a digital input.
- A switch in an input component. Name three other input components.
- An LED is an output component. Name three other output components.