|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3||Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Lesson 6||Lesson 7||Lesson 8||Assessment guidance||Homework Tasks|
1 PCB Housing
- It is starting to look a lot like… we need a housing for our PCB board.
- We can design this on Solidworks. As well as practising our skills on Solidworks we can check whether the parts will fit together.
- Lots of the ideas are Xmas themed but you can make whatever you like but are limited in material to 100mm X 100mm.
- In this tutorial you will build a circuit board as a part and then import LEDs and the board into an assembly.
- In this tutorial we will make our own part - Xmas Tree or a reindeer etc.- to add to the assembly.
- Autotrace is a tool in Solidworks which allows us to be able to draw around an image and make it into a part.
- The tutorial will take you through how to switch on the add in Autotrace, how to check whether it is a suitable image - not all work - and how to extrude to 3mm.
- Do remember when you first import the image using sketch pitcure check the dimensions are no bigger than 100mm X 100mm.
- Once extruded it can be made into a DXF and then imported into 2D design, change colours and finally emailed to the lasercutter.
- This is a video from the year 7 Mechanisms project.
- You can click on this link to go back and read it again.
- The holes need to be 6.8mm in diameter (3.4mm radius).
- Silver - Progress ladder, Yellow - Use a CAD package to draw shapes accurately to specified dimensions.
- Gold - Progress ladder, Green - Demontrate the use of a 2D and 3D design package within a project.
- Platinum - Progress ladder, Blue - Create multiple connecting parts using a CAD package.