|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3||Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Lesson 6||Lesson 7||Lesson 8||Assessment guidance||Homework Tasks|
1 PCB Housing
- It is starting to look a lot like… we need a housing for our PCB board.
- We can design this on Solidworks. As well as practising our skills on Solidworks we can check whether the parts will fit together.
- Lots of the ideas are Xmas themed but you can make whatever you like but are limited in material to 100mm X 100mm.
Part 1 - Inspiration and Sketching
- First of all we are going to do some research. Try looking through google images and maybe use Instructables.com
- Once you have found an idea, you can sketch it out on paper with a pencil and start thinking about what criteria our case/product is going to meet.
- I've included four sketches for ideas. A good sketch should include:
- materials, parts, dimensions (in mm), how it fits together, what the product should be do and some criteria.
- Ideas for criteria are:
- Waterproof, durable, fit three 5mm LEDs (6.8mm diameter/3.4mm radius holes), respond to changes in light, has an input or push-to-make switch, runs off 9V, is programmable, fun, educational, what the program does, functional i.e. holds a phone etc.
- Sketch one - 'Traffic Lights'
- Sketch two - 'Snowman'
- Sketch three - 'Wintry Scene'
- Sketch four - 'Elephant phone holder'
Upload a photo of your sketch, with some criteria, to the badge on Bourne to learn.
Part 2 - Using CAD / Solidworks
- Snowman detailed sketch views here:
- Wintry Scene detailed sketch views here:
- Elephant detailed sketch videos here:
Snowman/Xmas topper video:
Elephant/Sleigh side video:
Please watch this video. It will explain how to use the laser cutter.
- Silver - Progress ladder, Yellow - Use a CAD package to draw shapes accurately to specified dimensions.
- Gold - Progress ladder, Green - Demonstrate the use of a 2D and 3D design package within a project.
- Platinum - Progress ladder, Blue - Create multiple connecting parts using a CAD package.