|Design Engineering Theory Topics - Home Page|
1 Calculating Area
Area of a square and a circle
2 Mechanical advantage
- To read more about how to calculate mechanical advantage in pulleys, to this link on www.bournetoinvent.com
3 Pulley, belt drive and gear ratio
- Below are videos of how to calculate gear ratios and speed calculation for a pair of gears and a compound gear set.
- The formula above applies to all drive systems. For pulleys, you would use the diameter instead of number of teeth.
- Chain and sprocket calculations will be the same as gear calculations.
- One thing to note, in gear drive systems, the gears will spin in opposite directions as they move through the gears.
Mean, Mode and Median
Percentage increase or decrease
6 Ohm's law
Series resistor calculations
Parallel resistor calculations
Series resistor voltage calculations
Parallel resistor voltage calculations