- In this extension project you will be designing your own PCB and etching your own board.
- This will take a long time with have been warned. However it maybe good to work on in little sections when you finish each topic a little early or tackle at lunchtimes.
- The box design has been provided but as a Solidworks task you may want to design your own. However I would recommend strongly using our locking mechanism.
- You will then need to build the box.
- Finally the PIC will need programming to allow the keypad to turn the servo and open the box.
2 The circuit
- Open Circuit Wizard and make the following circuit:
- Click on the PCB Tab and make the following circuit:
3 The box
- Here is the plan for the box.
- This will need to cut out on the lasercutter.
- Use the next two videos to construct the box.
4 Programming the safe
- You will need to open your circuit wizard file.
- This will need to be coded in GENIE Basic.
- More to follow…