Off Board Download Socket
- When designing a PIC circuit using a breadboard, you will need to be able to download your program to the PIC to test it.
- To do this, we will need to build an off-board download socket.
- Step one, cut a piece of veroboard, using the 3-in-1 cutter, the board needs to be cut 6 X 8 holes.
- Make sure you cut the board with the tracks running length ways down.
- Next, you will need to get the part for the socket, see the picture below.
- Place the components as shown and then solder them.
- *The 22k resistor is one over from the 100k resistor. Make sure you look carefully at the picture.
- The pinouts are as follows:
- Red = Program
- Blue = Status
- Black = Ground