A Project Storage Box
1 BBL Tasks
1. Draw It
- Using a pencil and paper, design your box in 3D. This will develop your drawing skills.
2. Explain It
- Your box project is glued together using PVA (polyvinyl acetate) glue.
- There are other glues/adhesives that could be used to join your product together.
- Research 2 different glues/adhesives that could be used instead of PVA glue.
- Write up a short paragraph explaining how the glues/adhesives are used as well as how they work and include pictures.
3. Find It
- The box project is made from MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard).
- This is a easy to use material made from wood fibres.
- There are many other materials that could be used to make the project.
- Do some research on three different type of materials that could be used (e.g. metals, plastics etc.) to make your box.
- Write down three advantages and three disadvantages of using these materials.
- Include pictures of the material.